Notions and Notations

My Thoughts to You

Thursday, May 27, 2010

What is He Saying?

Lately some interesting occurrances have been taking place in my life since Braydon came along.

The first took place on my first trip into Occoquan after having Braydon home from the hospital. While there I saw a new gallery, and I decided to stop in. Normally, I would ask if they took work from local artists etc, but for some reason I didn't. I made a comment that I do not remember, but they asked me if I was an artist, and when I said yes, they said they would like to see my work. They have now allowed me to put 3 of my art prints in as matted prints. I won't make alot on them, but the Lord allowed me to have this opportunity to use my creative abilities.

The next event took place soon after when my sister sent me an ad for a writing position. I have never considered myself an excellent writer, but I enjoy researching and talking about what I learn. That's basically what this job is except I write about it and get paid for it! Doing this writing probably gave me confidence to write a short children's story. I sent the children's story to a publisher, and a couple of days ago received a contract for a children's book. As a first time author the company charges around $4,000 for the publication of the book, which they reimburse at the sale of 5,000 books. I have not received the $4,000 to be able to do this, but I know if God wants me to, He will provide it. It was just exciting to have my story accepted, as they only accept 3% of the submissions sent to them.

The last exciting thing (so far) that the Lord has done in the last few months was just last week. I had met a lady who worked at Angel Food Ministries. We had talked about Braydon and how he uses the expensive formula. I ran into her again on Mother's day at a restaurant. Last week, she was putting up an ad to sell the leftover formula she had from her son, when she said that my name just came to her mind. She got a hold of me and offered 26 cans of $27.00 formula to me for 10.00 each. When I called her back to tell her whether we would take them, she said her husband told her that she should just give them to us if she really wanted to be a blessing to us. That was a blessing! It's about 4 months worth of formula that would have cost us around $700.00.

What is He saying? I think He's saying, that He will not only provide for my needs, but that He will let me enjoy the provision as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment