Notions and Notations

My Thoughts to You

Monday, May 17, 2010

My wonderful husband

Though it may not count, since he is my husband, but I want to give him a reference. I know I can not give my reference to a church, but I can give it to you all.

My husband is the most intelligent man I know. He has a mind like a trap. He remembers everything, and is able to bring it forth with ease. What I mean is, all that stuff they learn in seminary is still in his brain, and when he gets the chance he can exposit that material better than anyone I have ever heard. The Lord has given him a great gift. Last Sunday in adult Sunday school, he taught an introduction to the book of Philippians. It was amazing the background he knew of this church. Ryan is not only a great expositer of general knowledge of the Bible, but he is also a great expositer of the specifics in God's Word. He believes that all scripture is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness. Because of this his preaching always has an application. I love sitting under his preaching. Not only is my husband intelligent, a great expositor, he is also a great counselor. When my husband married me, he knew I was not perfect. That year we were first dating was one of the hardest I have ever had. But the Lord taught me so much that year through my husband. My husband has been great for me. He helped me to think through my concerns with a level head. Ryan is a man who thinks things through. He does not just go with what everyone says, but he looks at God's Word to see what it says.

I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband. I cannot imagine life without him. I hope soon, the Lord will bring us a church where we can glorify the Lord together using the abilities God has given.

No comments:

Post a Comment