Notions and Notations

My Thoughts to You

Monday, October 22, 2012

Raising Baby T

I haven't written in this blog for quite a while since I started fromfears2fear.blogspot.com, but I thought this post fit better with this blog.

I was overwhelmed the other night as I caught up on facebook from being busy all day. I saw a post about a 31 year old friend of a friend who passed away in her sleep. There was a post about a 14 month old baby who was the child of someone I went to college with who passed away after he stopped breathing due to a heart condition that needed attention. Then there was a newborn who passed away who was born early. There have been even more in the past month, but these were within a couple of days!

I read them all, and just had to close my Kindle and go to bed. It hit me especially hard when I read about the 14 month old with the heart condition. It gave me a feeling of great responsibility. Raising any baby is important, but my baby had a heart condition and still does. For some reason, unknown to us, God chose to let them find it weeks before birth so that he would live.

I don't understand why God allowed us to have our baby T. He is such a precious gift just like the babies were who passed away. It is hard to understand why some live and some don't. I can't feel guilty about this, but I can take this precious gift that God chose to save, and raise him to the best of my ability.

Every miracle from his heart problem being detected to his ability to see even with optic nerve colobomas is a reminder that baby T is here for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment